nuk

Default Good planer?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:41:55 +0100, Juergen Hannappel wrote:
gabriel writes:

I have made good experiences with a predecessor of the Metabo ADH260D,
which is a combination machine that joints, planes and theicknesses.

Hey Juergen, how does the jointer measure up? Hitachi has a model here in

The infeed and the outfeed table are about 50cm long, while the
maximum witdth is 26cm,

the USA that is a 12 inch planer and a 6 inch jointer. The jointer table
seems too small to do any real work, but at USD$1000 a piece, I don't want
to try it out myself.

How's the performance on your combo machine's jointing? How long a piece

Good, but i have no comparison other than a manual jointer plane..

can you can you joint on it?

I've jointed up to 140cm on it, but (at least with a helper) longer
should be also possible.

I tried googling to see if I could find some pictures of the Metabo 260.
Came up w/ two sites, one german and one hungarian (can't read them and
couldn't navigate to find any pictures). The reason my ears perked up
when reading the thread is that I'm very interested in the Rikon RPJ10,
which other people have called the PT260 (note the similarity in the
model numbers), and it sounds like the dimensions are roughly correct
i.e. 10" bed (about 26cm), and the infeed and outfeed tables each being
50cm sounds about right for the ~39-1/4" overall length of the beds.
Someone else somewhere thought it looked a good deal like the Dewalt
combo machine they market in Britain.

Here are a couple links to some pictures:

http://www.right-tool.com/rikrp10plan.html

http://www.rikontools.com/planer_jointer.htm

On the second page, they (Rikon) refer to it as both the PT-260 and as
the RPJ-10. Is this by any chance close to the model that you are
referring to?

TIA,

nuk

--
I know more than enough *nix to do some very destructive things,
and not nearly enough to do very many useful things.