Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What would you use to lubricate drawer slides

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:25:58 -0500, Ignoramus32343
wrote:

I Would like to lubricate drawer slides (friction, not ball bearing),
and wanted to know what you would suggest for this purpose. It seems
that grease is the way to go, but what kind?

I tend to grab my can of paste floor wax.

Bowling alley wax works suprisingly well as a lubricant. A while back I
got a band saw, and found that the tension knob was almost unmovable
when the tension was high enough to make a 1/2" blade happy. Looked for
something to lube it with that wouldn't hold sawdust, and tried the
bowling-alley wax. So far that one coat has had it happy for over a
year.