Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Injet printer cartridge refills

Djornsk wrote:

I can remember at different times it being cheaper to buy a whole Colour
laser printer with toners than the toners alone.

The cartridges sold with such a printer are usually only 1/3rd full.

So not such a bargain as it might at first appear.

The printers are also usually slow, clunky GDI printers.

Recently I've been forced to accept a change from Xerox Postscript
printers to another make at the place where I work. This is largely
because of ideology. The replacement printers are the same physical size
but they are slow, clunky and rattle through consumables at about 2x the
rate of the printers they replaced.

At home I voted with my wallet and use only Xerox Phasers which are
expensive to buy but have a much lower consumable cost than many others.
I think Kyocera are cheaper for consumables but I have no experience of
the brand. Ink jets seem largely pointless apart from photo quality
printers and large format printing.