Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default RCA P60928 PTK195 Chassis no power

On Oct 1, 10:55*am, " wrote:
I had a power surge that killed my TV and microwave. PTK 195 chassis.
I get no picture no sound no attempt to power on. No clicking.
Nothing. Main fuse is ok power is ok just past the fuse. Any ideas.
Thanks Ted

The 195 is not a modular chassis, it is expected that anyone who
attempts repair can troubleshoot to the component level, and deal with
surface mounted devices. That said, the 195 is extraordinarily
reliable, earlier versions needing a flyback perhaps, but a long lived
and excellent performing analog TV.

Start by checking for 5 volts at the IR receiver on top of the light
box. If that's there, you have a system control problem, maybe the
micro reset circuit, corrupted eeprom, etc. If no 5v exists, the main
smps is out. Watch out, this supply holds a vicious charge for a long
time.