Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default lockshield with drain off?

On 1 Oct, 16:21, David Robinson
wrote:
Not sure which of these might be any good.

Found these...
diagram:http://www.myson.co.uk/downloads/Matchmate.pdf
pictuhttp://www.uk-plumbing.com/Myson-Mat...eld-Drain-Off-...
cheaper:http://www.heatandplumbtastic.com/ma...ed-15mm-drain-...
orhttp://www.heatingproductstogo.co.uk/page11.html

And the more basic ones like this:http://www.ukhps.co.uk/cosmos-radiat...ield-wheel-hea...
etc etc

The Myson method of draining looks a bit of a faff, but that mechanism
makes them slightly smaller than the basic ones.

I care about what they look like, but care about buying something
that's reliable / doesn't leak / will work when I need it to.

Given that I need 10-14 of the things (not sure every radiator needs
one, or has the space for one), cheap would be good too.

Anyone got any experience with either of these? Or others?

Cheers,
David.

The one with the hose connection and external drain valve is more
useful. Nothing like black radiator water for permanent stains to the
carpet.
The main benifit is that if the rad. valves are closed you can drain
the rad down and remove it (for decorating?) without effecting the
rest of the system. You can drain the rad down without spilling water
all over. You need to open the bleed valve to let air in as the
water drains down.