Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default lockshield with drain off?

"David Robinson" wrote in message
Not sure which of these might be any good.

Found these...
diagram:
http://www.myson.co.uk/downloads/Matchmate.pdf
pictu
http://www.uk-plumbing.com/Myson-Mat...rce=googlebase
cheaper:
http://www.heatandplumbtastic.com/ma...ld-angled/p757
or
http://www.heatingproductstogo.co.uk/page11.html

And the more basic ones like this:
http://www.ukhps.co.uk/cosmos-radiat...mm-7702-0.html
http://www.onplumb.com/trade-save-15...-tsrv15do.html
etc etc

The Myson method of draining looks a bit of a faff, but that mechanism
makes them slightly smaller than the basic ones.

I care about what they look like, but care about buying something
that's reliable / doesn't leak / will work when I need it to.

Given that I need 10-14 of the things (not sure every radiator needs
one, or has the space for one), cheap would be good too.

Anyone got any experience with either of these? Or others?

Cheers,
David.

Remember that the radiator will be at pressure so you cant prevent it from
****ing out some water by just closing the valves and the air vent.

I have these and the screwdriver operated drain seems good - you can have a
hose fitted to the drain end.

http://www.plumbingsupplyservices.co...std_valve.html