Joseph Smith

Default Good planer?

I've never used the Dewalt but I heard its a great planer. I just recently
acquired the 580 and I love it. Final decision on buying it was price.
I believe Delta still has the $50.00 rebate offer on this item.

Joey in Chesapeake

"NoNameAtAll" wrote in message
I'm sure this has been covered here before, but I googled the newsgroup

and
didn't come up with a whole lot of information. I'm condidering buying a

planer
for my home workshop but I have no experience with them and hence have no

idea
which one would be good. I've seen some discussion about the DeWalt 735

and
Delta 580, both of which are 13" planers. The DeWalt is about $100 more
expensive. Is it actually worth that much more? Are there other makes and
models I should consider? Ease of use is important to me because I've

never
used one before. Portability is not a big deal because I don't intend to

take
it anywhere.