Default Good planer?

There have been wars about this. Bottom line: Some people would rather
save some money and get the 22-580 and are happy with it. Some others
would
rather pay the $100 more and go for the DW735 top of the line and good
looks
and are also happy with it.

The only functional difference (i.e. "easy of use" issue) is the locking
you
have to do on the 22-580 that you do not have to do on the DW735.

Also, if you care about cuts per into, the DW has more, at 96 and 179 cuts
per inch. As to whether or not this matters, see the archives.

Personal note: I have the DW735 and am very happy with it, glad I bought
it. But the bottom line is, whichever you choose, you will be happy.

--
gabriel