Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again!

wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:08:55 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

No kidding. I've worked 20 hour days to get a job done on time, rather
than make return trips.

Then you're an idiot.

Yawn. Exactly what I'd expect from some lazy ass like you. A good
customer has an emergency. They offer to pay for the overtime, so you
sk the crew if they want the work. When they say yes, you do the job.
Some where scheduled, but waiting for all the parts to arrive before we
started the job.

Fine. That's not what you said. You said 'rather than make
return trips', which is bull****.

And if you want to talk 'extreme' - I've had compressors (
there was exactly one in existence in the country ) flown in overnight
on a chartered Lear jet, met at the airport by a truck, driven to the
jobsite where a crane and crew and me were waiting at 6 AM.

When a cleanroom costs $ 50,000 / hour in downtime, you don't
**** around, or worry about the chump change.

Whine, whine whine. $50,000? Big deal.

I talked a scientist in Antarctica through a repair procedure on a
piece of equipment they had damaged to keep them from losing data on a
two year project.

I built a KU band communications system that is a permanent part of
the International Space Station. It is used for voice, video and data
uplinks. The downlink was done with some of our standard equipment, but
the ISS only has 48 VDC power and the equipment has to be built into one
of their fancy low G aluminum rack modules.

I built the earth station that NOAA uses to control their LEO (Low
Earth Orbit) weather satellites, and to receive the weather sat photos.

I built two earth stations for Italy, for their part in the European
Space Agency. One fixed site, the other in an european style military
trailer.

You huff freon and pretend to know what you're doing.

enough left over to pay them.