Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again!

fired this volley in
:

Bet you wished you hired a helper, huh ? Must be tough on a
guy moving 6,400 pounds all by himself.

Heh! That's the funny part. You think that's an extraordinary amount of
work. I see 5000lb in a day to be a reasonable amount for a _skilled_
worker to handle, along with the technical details -- like coercing the
electricians to do their job properly by actually KNOWING how to do it
better than they do... by "encouraging" the A/V guys to figure out which
channel is sync, and which is house audio, because they don't know, and I
do... by talking through the stadium audio delays with the booth
personnel, because they know what the delays are FOR, but not how they
work... by explaining the law to the local fire marshal, because he's
never actually read it himself... by... naw... you get the picture.

I actually USE more disciplines in a single day on a shoot site than
you'll exercise in your whole career... and I _understand_ all of them
(including how to build electronics on-site from "crap and bubblegum"
when they're needed), while you barely understand that the high pressure
line needs to be hooked up to the high pressure gauge.

LLoyd