Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again!

On 9/27/2010 6:19 PM, Steve B wrote:
You can interpret any way you like but that is not what I said!
What I siad and meant is or was
If I have all material that is require and I was able to complete the work
charge is minimum 4 hours!
If I don't have all material require and I need to go back then
first trip would be 3 hours and second trip will be also min. 3 hours
unless it takes longer! Do you understand now!
I know that my english is not perfect but perhaps I should drow you a
picture?

I'm one of the ones you'll have to drow (sic) a picture for. Are you saying
that you are a service person, and IF you do not have the materials on your
truck, that the client is responsible for you to go and get it?

I was a contractor for nearly ten years. I prided myself in running trucks
that were STOCKED. On slow days, or when we had new personnel, their job
was to go through EVERY truck and make sure that EVERY bin of nuts, bolts,
widgets and wuzzits was full. When they learned how to do this, and they
got out into the field, they would understand what it was like to go into an
empty bin.

Sounds like you needed more time in the shop stocking trucks.

Now, that does not go for every trade. Like the HVAC guys. They cannot be
expected to carry everything they need. They only need to carry the
essentials like an AmProbe, tick tracer, beer opener, and minimal tools.
Everything else requires a trip to the local supplier and 4 hours pay. A
GOOD HVAC guy carries only what will fit into a lawyer's brief case.

I've got no problem with a tech, and maybe his trainee, making a recon
trip if they don't know what major parts will be needed. Of course they
should have the common small stuff on the truck, but, but once you get
past 80/20 rule, no truck is big enough. I try to be fair with tradesmen
that come out to the house, but I'm not gonna trust them to be here
while I am at work any more. I'm not an expert on all stuff house
related, but I did grow up in the business, and it irritates me when
they try to BS their way through something that I do know about.

--
aem sends..,