Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JimR JimR is offline

Default question about hardware

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hello all

I have a Jet 12-36 that has served me quite well for the past 7 or 8
years however I am looking for a particular piece of equipment. It
would fit into the tailstock and be hollow down the length. I am
thinking, perhaps, of a cone-center (name correct?). It would allow
me to drill a hole down the length of the wood.

It's not quite the same thing, but Woodcraft has a chuck that mounts to a
tailpiece. If the work was mounted on a faceplate you could drill
completely through, going from tailstock to headstock --

I haven't used it, but I saw it in their October catalog at a sale price -
I've got it on order.