Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Small Engine Carburetor Rebuild or Replace?

"KC" wrote in message
On Sep 26, 7:07 pm, Jon Claude Killy wrote:
How do I know to replace a carburetor on a small engine instead of
rebuilding the carburetor?

Have you priced a new carburator lately? Do it and you'll answer your
own question.

reply: That's when you can find them. There isn't a huge stock of
carburetors at the local store, and a lot of them are out of production.

I have an updraft carburetor on a Lincoln welder with a Continental engine.
I had to rebuild it myself, and that included making new gaskets. It works.
On some of the older models, you can fergeddabout finding new carburetors.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.