Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Zahut[_3_] Pete Zahut[_3_] is offline

Default Breaking Cast-Iron Bath

sweetheart wrote:
"Pete Zahut" wrote in message
Stephen Mawson wrote:

Why not have it resurfaced? Dunno where you are but we used this guy
http://www.radiantbaths.co.uk/ and he did a fantastic job. The bath
itself was, at the time of resurfacing, 53 years old and in fairly
poor condition. Now, 6 years after Nigel worked his magic, it still
looks like brand new.

You sound like my OH! There comes a point in life where one would
like a NEW bath, not a re vamped one. I know this because it has
taken me 15 years and upteen arguments to get my lovely new one. (
did have a rubbish avacado version from the 1970's, although I have
this odd suspicion that was actually a n older re enamaled job. OH
said not, I reckon it possibly was.

Well, having seen some of your posts regarding your other half, I'm rather
upset that your comparing me to him - I truly don't know how you put up with
the man :-(

However, my reason for having the bath resurfaced was not because I'm tight
or anything but because it's a brilliant bath with historic and sentimental
value, it's far bigger, better and of course, not flimsy like a modern bath.
My parents are both dead now and when we inherited their house, we had it
refurbished and now rent it out. My dad installed that bath himself 59 years
ago, which was 7 years before I was born. If a bath can be described as
fantastic, that truly is a fantastic bath. If it would fit here in our own
house we would have had it in a heartbeat, but sadly, it wouldn't - and we
have an inferior, modern, acrylic one.