Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
Steve[_24_] Steve[_24_] is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again!

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 9/26/2010 7:01 AM, Steve wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:42:18 -0500,
wrote:

"The Daring wrote in message
On 9/25/2010 4:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Thanks. Looks good. Wish they would make some in a spray can, self
penetrating. Just spray it onto a leaky TXV or gas thread, and walk
away. And while I'm dreaming, make me an adjustable crescent flare
wrench.

Locktite makes a penetrating locker but when you have something
apart, a thin coat of Leak Lock on the mating surfaces and all
your problems are solved. I use it on all mechanical connections,
it will even hold screws in place.

So your the idiot that puts that crap on service port caps. :-(

Red, no doubt :-)

Actually blue Leak Lock

It only takes a tiny amount of Leak Lock on the sealing surfaces. Some
people think the more the better. Can you say: clogged TXV screen?

I only use that stuff in very small amounts on black iron pipe threads when
I am running a gas line to a furnace.

I have found where bonehead hacks have put it on service valve caps, service
port caps, on the threads of flare fittings(but not the flare itself), and a
host of other places it doesn't belong. usually from the mess that was left,
it was pretty obvious they got it all over themselves too.