Swingman

Default Is Powermatic Mortiser Easier to Cut with???

Have a friend who makes a living woodworking locally and has for 30 years.
His shop is pretty much all Powermatic. I had the pleasure of trying out his
PM tools, including the mortiser, when he was trying to convince me to buy a
Powermatic table saw instead of a Unisaw. IIRC, the difference between his
PM Mortiser and my Delta benchtop is roughly the same noticeable difference
between a DP mortise attachment and my Delta mortiser .. although I just
tested it on scrap, to my recollection it cut mortises with noticeably less
effort than my Delta benchtop.

If ease of use is your criteria, I'd say go for it ... it was just too much
machine for such a dedicated task for my purposes, but if the toothfairy
made a delivery of one to my shop, I'd damn sure find the room for it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/12/04

"Larry C in Auburn, WA" wrote in message

I'd like to hear from any of you that have used a benchtop mortiser AND

the
Powermatic. I appreciate all of you probably love the tool you bought so

don't need to hear that you love your JET but have never used the
Powermatic, or that you love your Delta but have never used the

Powermatic,