Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again!

Plenty of bloopers were filmed, when the stage hands weren't quite on
cue, and people walked into doors.

Of course, now you can mention about the salt shakers....

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

Trivia note- on the original show, they got lots of letters from
architects and engineers wanting to know how they got the automagic
sliding doors to open and close so fast. They were well faster than
what
was commercially available in 1960s. It was all a fakeout- the door
slides were done by stagehands, pulling or pushing on cue. I suspect
the
dubbed sound effect for the opening and closing may well have been
from
a Stanley of the era. They stole sound effects from lots of places,
and
then tweaked as needed. One of the early torpedo sounds was the sound
you get from hitting the web of a loose steel I-beam with a hammer.
Back
in that pre-computer era, all the sound effects were artisan work like
that.

--
aem sends...