Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old link v-belt disassembly

The tab that slips down the slit rotates and locks in. You will need
to find the underneath side, rotate the small tab that came through and
push it back to the top side. You will have several in layers.

New belts can be bought - it is a popular product.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/25/2010 7:06 PM, axolotl wrote:
I am rehabbing an old Sears/AMT radial drill press. I have some old (~50 year)
link style V-belts that would seem to be an ideal match. Unlike currently made
link belts, these have rivets holding the three layers of rubber and fabric, and
the individual links are slit to allow them through. How are these belts
disassembled without damaging the belt?

Kevin Gallimore