Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting job opening in Bakersfield, California

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:21:22 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:31:02 -0700, rangerssuck wrote:
On Sep 24, 4:24*pm, " wrote:
On Sep 23, 6:32*pm, rangerssuck wrote:

I hate the smell of gasoline, and I'm overjoyed that I don't have to
pump it, even if it costs me an extra few cents per gallon here in NJ.

You would not have enjoyed the summer job I had as a roustabout on a
crew that cleaned oil wells.

Probably not. I worked for several years as a motorcycle mechanic. I hated
the smell before I started. Hated it more when I finished. And it's damned
near impossible to get off your hands.

Nowadays, almost all mechanics and machinists wear latex, nitrile, or
mechanics' gloves.

Have you tried Lava, Boraxo, or dish soap?

None works better than 50%. Spraying your hands with bleach and
rubbing it in for a couple minutes before rinsing takes off another
40%, but that scent persists for a long while.

"Gloves-in-a-bottle" lotions prevent the skin from taking on the scent
and somewhat prevent the pores from taking on grease so deeply.
I strongly recommend the stuff.

http://fwd4.me/g2j Avon giab

http://www.dermashieldusa.com/ The foam stuff I have used and love. I
need to remember to put some on my face, arms, and hands before hiking
in poison-oak-infested woods next time.

From their site:

"Strong odors (i.e. gasoline, fish, onions etc.) wash off instead of
lingering on the skin for hours."

--
Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people.
Others have no imagination whatsoever.