Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again!

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:45:23 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Some decades ago, I heard the same joke. But it was a steam locomotive,
and two taps for buck each. Knowing, $998.

A locksmith I knew. Got a rush call to open a car, guy had to be to the
airport. Having opened several of those, the locksmith knew which tool,
how far into the window, and in which direction to go. As he was reaching
into the car to recover the keys, the guy hollered. "Forty bucks! I'm not
going to pay you forty bucks... for.... THAT!!!"

Locksmith threw the keys back in, and started to walk off. After some
begging, the locksmith relented, and opened the car a second time. Now,
the bill is up to $80. Me, I am not that heartless.

I once had a girlfriend who had custody of a 16-year old kid, whose dad
bought him a brand-new pickup truck, as an abseentee parent bribe or
whatever. He locked his keys in it. We called a locksmith, who was an
off-duty cop, and went out to watch him pick the lock. The guy was
poking around and poking around, and we kind of got lost in conversation;
we had wanted to see him pick the lock. Well, after about 10 minutes of
this, we were all thoroughly distracted, he said, "Well, it doesn't seem
to be working here - let me try the other side." Before any of us clued
up and thought to chase him to the other side of the truck, he had the
lock picked in about three seconds.

I was rather saddened that I didn't get to see how it was done. )-;

Thanks,
Rich