Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again!

Stormin Mormon wrote:

A locksmith I used to know. Says "You can do the job, and they can't.
That's why they call you. And you got to charge em for it."

Unfortunately, I was in the Military, and on active duty. The
recommended procedure wasn't working, and we had a lot of complaints
about TVs with a vertical roll, all over the base. It took over 15
minutes per try to do it by the book. Adjust it, fire up the
transmitter and run the tests after five minutes. Shut it down. Wait a
few minutes and then shove the shorting stick into the HV power supply.
Then repeat. We had been following the book for over two days. Finally
I got fed up and removed the end cap so I could close all the safety
doors and stepped inside. Ten minutes later we had exactly what we
needed, and the other engineer shut down the transmitter and discharged
the power supply. Needless to say, I trusted him with my life.

That nylon rod bit sounds like you want to be careful what you're
doing.

You only make a mistake like that once. Then they scrape what's left
of you off the equipment & the walls.

BTW, some of you other Veterans might get a kick out of this:
http://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/historical-military-pay-rates

enough left over to pay them.