Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default Which tagged NiCd battery is this?

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:52:14 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:

Nicads are dropping off the radar and unless you want to change your
charger too, you'll need to keep to that technology.

How does nimh recharging differ from nicad charging? I had a charger
for aa, c, and d cells and it had a switch to select between nicads
and nimhs. I often wondered what it did. I notice newer chargers don't
seem to have a switch.

In this case, would swapping a nicad of x Ah for a nimh of the same Ah
rating necessitate a new charger? Especially for items that are
trickle charged, wouldn't the charging be the same?