Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Propane valve question

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 07:35:36 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Jim Chandler" wrote

I think what he is asking is, can he run his BBQ grill from a forklift
tank?

Jim

Hold your phone calls, folks. We have a winner!

Will take the tank to a long time friend who owns a propane business here
and see if I can get an adapter, or if I should just sell them. They are
4 years old, aluminum, clean, and I got 5 of them for $20.

Figured I could at least break even.

Steve

I wish you were closer. I have an old decrepit Toyota 3 ton lift truck that
runs on propane. I've limped by with only one tank---possible only because
I use the truck only occasionally. Sure would be nice to have a spare,
though.

Harold

Harold, where are you located? I think, if I haave my mind in gear,
that you're not too far from me. I'm in Apple Valley, CA. and I have
an old forklift tank that you are welcome to.

Jim