Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again!

There is likely a reset button on the unit.
See if you can find one.

I had something like that with ours. Red was the color.

I think it knocks out the starting winding - the high current ones -

One should have the icebox plugged in to heat the oil for hours before
kicking it off. Mostly that is when the oil is not down in the motor.
(moving it...).

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/23/2010 9:29 AM, Ignoramus30441 wrote:
Well, here's a little update.

After 36 hours of sitting without power, the fridge would not start,
the compressor motor buzzes and shuts off in 20 seconds or so.

So, presumptively, the compressor is seized. I want to know how much
would it cost to replace it, by a fridge repair professional of
course.

Thanks