Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default scrap copper

On 24/09/2010 13:52, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 24 Sep, 12:41, Adrian wrote:

Been looking at mechanical ways on youtube of stripping copper wire
(I've lots of IEC 'kettle' leads)

I've got a couple of binliners full of IEC leads (no kettles though,
I'm short of those) and gradually a houseful of old solid core and
7/.029 as I rewire.

Have you worked out the scrap value per lead by any chance? I've never
done anything with old wires and cable other than binning it and wonder
if it's worth changing my policy.

I do always collect scrap copper tube and bits of lead as I work through
my house (loads of it as there used to be gas lights throughout piped in
lead) and have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of cash it's
realised!

David