Posted to uk.d-i-y
Luke Luke is offline

Default scrap copper

On Sep 24, 1:52*pm, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 24 Sep, 12:41, Adrian C wrote:

Been looking at mechanical ways on youtube of stripping copper wire
(I've lots of IEC 'kettle' leads)

I've got a couple of binliners full of IEC leads (no kettles though,
I'm short of those) and gradually a houseful of old solid core and
7/.029 as I rewire.

The solid core stuff strips easily, by pulling it through a couple of
lashed-up jigs made from wooden blocks with grooves and holes in and a
few Stanley knife blades screwed to them. *Can't do a damned thing
with the stranded stuff though 8-(

Would you care to elaborate on this jig of yours? I wouldn't mind
seeing a picture or two as I am in a similar position!

Luke