Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The old cat urine question?

On Sep 23, 8:59*pm, bobmct wrote:
My ancient male cat, 20+ lbs, for the first time in 15+ years, decided
to whiz in a corner of a carpeted room. *After I drop kicked him out
into the back yard (just kidding) I researched this and purchased a
gallon of Natures Miracle Advanced Cat Urine Stain and Odor Remover.

I lifted the rug and soaked it, the foam padding, the floor and even
removed the nail strips leading into the corner. *After letting soak
for a day I've had a fan blowing into the area (with the rug lifted up
and a 2nd fan blowing out an open window just above the area. *
That's been going now for three days and there's still some lingering
aroma. *

*At this point I'm ready to rip out the carpeting and pad and have the
floors refinished but that unfortunately is more than my budget will
allow. * So, I am hoping that some of you readers may have experienced
this situation before and have some fool proof (I'm the fool)
techniques to eliminate the odor.

As I sit here holding my nose, I will appreciate any advice provided
(short of shooting the cat).

Thanks

ripm out and toss rug, scrub floor and rinse well... let dry and eep
cat out of room.

then coat floor with OUTDOOR POLYURETHANE, the outdoor is oil based
and the only one that will work.

what you must do is seal the odor in as its impossible to remove....