Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again!

"Ignoramus30441" wrote in message
On 2010-09-23, john wrote:
Ignoramus30441 wrote:
Well, here's a little update.

After 36 hours of sitting without power, the fridge would not start,
the compressor motor buzzes and shuts off in 20 seconds or so.

So, presumptively, the compressor is seized. I want to know how much
would it cost to replace it, by a fridge repair professional of
course.

Thanks

IF you want to start that compressor if it will ever start shock it with
three phase 220 without any caps connected. Its sorta like using a
defibrillator for compressors.

Best advice is to get a new refrigerator.

John, sounds fun for sure. And I have three phase handy at my garage.

This is a 120v compressor though, what would happen due to voltage
being twice over what it needs?

It will work.
Or it won't.
And not for sure for how long.