Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default my new respirator

Anything is better than nothing - and what you got is better than
a stap on "dust mask". I'd have a problem with the nose clip
thing - perhaps a throwback issue from my diving days when
equalizing pressure in my inner ear was necessary - whereas -
on dry land could be a problem. We don't seem built to breath
through just our mouths.

I got the Trend Airshield Pro - in part because it works with a
beard, which I have. Had to grow a beard to see how gray I
was getting - since the standard issue hair apparerntly went
of warranty and then stopped replenishing itseld ; )

One of the unexpected benefits of the unit is that I keep my
eyes wide open when turning, even when I have to get them
close to the spinning piece. Hadn't realized that I'd automatically
been squinting when things got critical - and I wear unbreakable
eye glasses. The brain seems to automatically feel that the eyes
are protected so no squinting is needed. I SEE more and a lot
better when wearing the mask/helmet/face shield. An unexpected
consequence.