Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Grand Designs on

On 23 Sep, 05:29, Tim Watts wrote:
On 22/09/10 23:44, Owain wrote:

On Sep 22, 9:10 pm, Andy *wrote:
harry wrote:
Nine o' clock..............

So is that the theme for this series then? *No need to employ an
architect because you *are* the architect ...

Probably.

Even *I* don't like cable tray across the lounge ceiling.

WTF?! Did the architect confuse "house" with "hospital basement"?

And was the shower plumbed in electrical conduit?

Owain- Hide quoted text -

Heh Heh. Dead right. I used to work in hospitals. Just about every
single thing
reminded me of a hospital basement. Terrible I thought.
And that f**k**g woman. She'd be dead by now if I lived in the same
house.

I have a zero energy home. That one had loads of missing features.
And a big wood fire too. This defeats the object of limiting
infiltration, you have to let air in for the fire. I can tell you,
without windows to the rear, it would be like living in a cave.
Especially with that big earth bank in front.They must have had the
lights on all day.
Bears out exctly what I said last week about architects. Big window
syndrome too as is normal with them.
I hope all these programmes are not going to be about architects.
******s.