Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

The magnetron is the oscillator. It has a cavity. Vary the cavity
and the frequency changes. Modulate the mechanical cavity and you are
transmitting the modulation. That technology changes Radar on-the-fly
thereby moving around a probing or sensing in the detection mode.

The RF the magnetron if leaking in a crack of a door can cause cataracts
and can whiten the cornea.

The various phones are lightweight to that of an oven. We are talking
sub 5 watts in a phone and IIRC from IEEE notes - it is 3 watts at the head,
up to 5 watts on speaker phone. The oven is a thousand or 600 watts.

The inverter replaces the heavy high voltage and filament winding and
keyboard/processor power. It is a high frequency oscillator that
'rings' or oscillates on an RF core. The high voltage it generates drives
the Magnetron. So there is a HF and a UHF source in the micro(u)wave.

The UHF magnetron can if leaking cause fluorescent bulbs to flicker or glow.
A common Neon bulb will as well. Testing will occur.

If you had a Inverter unit without a Magnetron it would have a Microwave diode.

The fact it does not disturb our Plasma TV a few feet away tends to tell me
it is an oscillator leak, but not in the microwave band.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/21/2010 3:39 PM, Josepi wrote:
If that was the case you would be blind from your cell phone, wireless
phones, satellite dish remote(not iR), neighbour's RC car on the street and
many other things. Test it. Hold a fluorescent bulb by the microwave door.
If it glows, you got a problem.

I got one of those "inverter microwaves = no magnitron" a few years back.
Nice and light and obviously no big step-up transformer in it. Still can't
figure out what makes the 2.4GHz after repairing a few years ago and
replacing the magnotron in one..

"Martin H. wrote in message
I suspect two things - have to get my scope in the house.

1. The case - SS - isn't grounded. So it radiates. What - I hope the
switcher.
The switcher that generates the power needed from high voltage to low
current.

2. If it is microwave radiation that is killing the wireless internet - that
is a
serious quality issue and can blind someone...or more.

I don't expect it is the power line - the laptop has filters and if not -

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH& Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator& Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker& member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/19/2010 9:25 PM, Josepi wrote:
I bought my first microwave oven just after getting married in 1972
We had people point o it and ask if it cleaned the dishes very well or we
had to rinse them first.

I used microwave ovens at work in 1968. They were a few years old then.

Things sure change.

And yeah, my microwave knocks my cordless phone for aloop now. All these
years and I have never noticed it before until we built a home with a huge
great room and we are all together for RFI living...LOL

All these years they have been trying to get us to put in split
recepticals
support 120/240 circuits and now we step back with the GFCI ones at 20
amps.
This junk is all supplier driven, not logic driven. The craziest thing was
the split recepticals had to be leap frogged on the circuit ie. 1,3& 5
recepticals could be on the same circuit and 2,4&6 on your counter could
be
the same circuit. Hoping you would plug the kettle in beside the toaster
and
never blow a breaker.

We just need a phone system on our recepticals that reads out "line in
use"

"Martin H. wrote in message
1. assume the local inspectors know what the heck is going on...
2. assume the local / state supports the CEC on that...
3. assume the user is placing the microwave on the same spot the
non-cook drew up the outlets in the kitchen or the builder in a
kit-bash
design.

I bought a house built in 1970 - our first - and we didn't have microwaves
then from what I know. In 1980 we bought a house and bought a large
microwave.
No issue. We bought a house in 1986 that was 10 years old - e.g. 76 - and
it
broke breakers. The house in 1987 was brand new and it broke breakers.

Those last two were young enough, but were both in California! Wonder....

We finally lost that microwave two years ago and got a switcher model.

That sucker is nice - it has bells and whistles but drives us batty.

When we start it up, users of wireless internet are knocked off the air.

I have to get my scope in here, but it appears to be the switcher noise
is excessive.

Martin