Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Need oddball bolt: 1/2" x 12 TPI

On 09/22/2010 05:34 PM, anorton wrote:

"Carla Fong" wrote in message
Hi everyone -

I've got a repair project on an ancient (pre 1900, American-made)
Chandler and Price guillotine paper cutter that I'm short a couple of
odd bolts. 1/2" diameter, 12 TPI. (Yes, 12, not 13)

Before I turn them out on the lathe, does anyone by any chance have
anything like this (about 3/4" long, or longer and I can cut them off)
they'd like to part with? I need three of them...

Thanks in advance...

('reply to' is spam-trapped, use the address below)

Carla

carla (at) 97381 (dot) com

completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

That's a British Standard Witworth or BSW thread. You can find the bolts
in the USA he
http://www.britishfasteners.com/index.php?crn=40

I was going to say "Not if it was pre-1900" -- but Whitworth was a
standard by 1841!!!

Double-check the thread form, though -- just because the threads are
pointy doesn't mean that they're 60 degree (or 55 degree, for that matter).

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services