Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
Ignoramus15834 Ignoramus15834 is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again

On 2010-09-21, LSMFT wrote:
Your motor has lack of lubrication and is seizing up. Since it's in a
sealed can you can't fix it. Putting lubrication in the coolant could
help but you can't do that either without unsoldering connections and
capturing the coolant and could cost more to fix than to throw out and
buy a new one.

I understand the implication of what you are saying, which is that it
is an expensive fix.

But just for my education, what exactly is wrong so that there is lack
of lubrication?

Say, why are the bearings in my 59 year old compressor working great
and this fridge is dead at a relatively young age? (well, I know why
my compressor is going well, because the pumpbearings are pressure
lubricated).

Are there any "well made" refrigerators where things are designed to
last long?