Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

"Steve B" fired this volley in news:8ohom7-
:

What % of the time would you estimate that happens?

Around where we live, I'd say at least 30%. Most of the problems with
split systems around here are due to age, corrosion, and leaky fittings;
or the omni-present lightning-induced electrical burnouts.

But about 1/3 of the time when they DON'T need anything but a simple
repair or leak fix, the "repairmen" will show up, puff and wheeze around
the unit for an hour or so, and declare it's going to need "(new
compressor, new unit, replacing... et. al.)".

We have some guys who at least can fix units. We have others whose main
reason for making a service call is to entice the owner to buy a new
unit.

LLoyd