Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
Steve[_24_] Steve[_24_] is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again

"Steve B" wrote in message
news

. 70...
AZ Nomad fired this volley in
:

You need more than a fiddle to perform refrigeration repair.

That's all I see the "pros" do. They swap crap until it works, and if
it's
an actual _refrigeration_ problem, they either add refrigerant, or
scratch
their asses waiting for advice from "someone at the office."

LLoyd

I have gauges. I would bet a Franklin that I could check the level of
freon in my system, call for a repairman, and be charged for a freon
charge to "top off the system."

It takes more than *just* gauges to check the refrigerant charge balance.
What about the compressors rated amp draw?? superheat?? subcooling??

You can check with your gauges, then **** and moan cause you added when it
didn't need it, or recovered what you thought was excess.... when the
"problem" may have only been dirty coils, or blower wheel, or dirty filter,
or bunch of registers closed, or.............