Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
Harold & Susan Vordos Harold & Susan Vordos is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again

On 2010-09-22, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" fired this volley
in :

Wouldn't he call a refrigeration professional, instead?

They're pretty scarce. He might be better with an F-ing professional,
instead.

We had a "refrigeration professional" out to the factory a three months
ago to replace an A/C compressor under warrantee.

Long story short... I had to do (actually completely UN-do, clean the
work, and RE-do) the brazing for him. He couldn't lick all the leaks.

To his defense, it was a BAD position in which to work, he was a short
little sucker, the unit was tall, and it was a tiny, tight workspace
inside the coil of that unit. But damn... I'm just a pyrotechnics guy,
and _I_ was able to Sil-Flo that thing down tight in one try.

So much for "refrigeration professionals".

Yeah... I know there are some. I learned to braze from one. But this
guy's was the sort of skills I see all the time over in alt.hvac. And
they SCREAM about how they're the only ones competent to work on systems.

Hell... half of them can't figure out which way is "up" for liquid feed
with R410a. (or why),(and it's printed on the bottle)

Lloyd, I mostly am after trying to understand what is happening, right
now. I have a luxury of having plenty of time, due to having less food
at home that fits onto one fridge.

Iggy,
You shouldn't have to justify what you do to any of these guys. If they
"don't get it", that's their problem.

Luck with the repair.

Harold