Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again

You need more than a fiddle to perform refrigeration repair.

Yes, so I am trying to learn some more specifics. Some people were
helpful and to them, I am grateful.

the last time I had those symptoms, it was a 1947 Norge that had run until
1987. I took it apart, and the root cause was lack of lubrication to the
rod bearing caused by a particle of some kind getting into the lubrication
hole and blocking it - Still, one can't be too unhappy about a 40 year life
on a refrig. I replaced it with a same brand unit, which didn't make 1 week
before requiring 2 (warranty) service calls. When it got replaced in about
10 years, I took it outside and it drained water out of the insulation for
several days - there were gallons of water frozen in the lining - the old
norge had none of that. Replacement refrig seems ok so far.