Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again

On 2010-09-22, AZ wrote:
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 20:54:31 -0500, Lloyd E. Sponenburghlloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
fired this volley in
:

Keep your day job AZ. You aren't going to make it as a comic.

He better try the comic thing... he can't make it as a refrigeration
professional no matter how hard he tries.

I know enough not to employ the shotgun approach. However if you think
****ing away ten times the cost of having a pro diagnose it correctly is
the way to go, then don't let anybody stop you.

The advantage that comes from DIY approach is that besides fixing the
fridge, I learn something.

There is nothing wrong with learning about the technology around you.
If you have an old piece of equipment, the time and money to spend on
your self education, go for it. If a fellow asks me for a job, I ask
if he has experience and if he has burned up a thousand dollars worth
of equipment. If he tells me he has never burned up any equipment. I
tell him he has no experience and needs to destroy equipment someplace
else because I can't afford it. 8-)

TDD