Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

"Michael A. fired this volley in
m:

Yet there is almost always a free on on Freecycle or Craigslist.

I keep my "beer fridge" out in a roofed but not enclosed part of the barn.
It rusts out completely in about four to five years. So, I replace it with
another $50-$75 unit off the various lists and/or swap sheets. $20 a year
isn't too much to pay for a working fridge.

I haven't bought a fridge in the last 25 years. In fact, I just
picked up a free apartment or dorm sized fridge over the weekend that
looks brand new. I've never bought a new microwave oven, and the most
I've ever paid was $2. I have four at the moment, and I'm deciding
which ones I'll keep. I've only bought two new televisions in the last
40 years. Most everything else is picked up not working and repaired.

Happy to see I'm not the only cheap SOB out there. At least half my
appliances and home entertainment devices were either trash-picked, or
came from garage sales or CraigsList. I really, really hate paying retail.

--
aem sends...