Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default City sues: Too many vegetables

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Only America, land of the free.

Remember that the next time you get into a war you can't handle by
yourself.

Militarily, we can handle any war we start.

Only if America is very careful which wars it starts. BTW, you did know I
was talking to the smug Limey, right?

The United States Coast Guard is larger - in ships and personnel - than
all the navies of the world. Combined.

Even if that were true (and it's laughably wrong)¹ it would be irrelevant
since coastal patrol cutters are not equivalent to guided missile cruisers
or nuclear attack submarines.

We have aircraft that can take off from South Dakota or Missouri, fly to
any place in the world, and deliver twenty-five tons of guided munitions
within thirty feet of the designated target. Then return to base.

And yet a 6'5" man with the most wanted face on the planet has managed to
elude America for almost a decade.

Whether we urge assistance from others is a political decision, not a
military one.

It's foolishness like that that gets America into deep trouble.

¹The U.S. Coast Guard has 42,000 active personnel and about 37,000 reserve,
most of its blue-water vessels (about 150) just barely qualify as warships
with perhaps one weapon capable of seriously damaging another large vessel.
Even the current Russian navy which is a shadow of its former glory has
about 90 surface warships and 45 submarines operated by 150,000 active
sailors backed up by several hundreds thousand reservists.