Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default my new respirator

I have had one for several years for the same reason you bought one -
beard. Changing filters is easy enough.
One thing that has worn out is the small nose piece. The soft coating
will eventually wear out due perhaps
to sweat. I have not found a replacement for it.

On Sep 20, 8:47*pm, tom koehler
wrote:
well, I have been putting it off for too long, getting a better respirator. I
have a full beard... especially if I've had soup for supper, but I digress. A
full beard and a respirator are not generally considered compatible. I have
worn a mask that covered the nose and mouth, and just cinched the straps up,
and have probably kept the bigger chunks out of my innards, but the finest
dusts are the ones that really cause the problems, I suppose. Well I found an
outfit called the Resp-o-rator, which has a HEPA filter for the fine dusts.
It has a scuba-like mouthpiece, and the pair of filters hang behind the neck,
out of the way. An exhaust valve is just under my snout. No problem with
fogging up my glasses, or even interfering with the fit of my glasses over
the bridge of th' nose. Bought it off the internet - there were a handful of
sources, with widely ranging prices. I got mine from Hartville tool co for
$38 bucks plus change plus shipping, ymmv

I have no connection with this company or the respirator company, just
telling you about what I got. Seems to be okay, so far, just a bit dry in the
mouth in the low humidity.

tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.