Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default Which tagged NiCd battery is this?

On Sep 21, 10:23*am, Lobster wrote:
On 21/09/2010 10:05, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:18:15 +0100, Lobster
*wrote:

Does the Ah rating matter as regards my charger; is it simply that the
higher the rating the longer it will take to charge and the longer the
charge will last? I've found some convenient/suitable-looking 2.5Ah
cells online - will they be OK with my charger?

We dont know much about your charger. If its a fast charger then maybe
not. If its a 14 hour charge, yes, if its an always on trickle charge,
yes.

However you
will really need a big iron to solder them properly.

Thanks. *If I go for already-tagged cells, as I'd intended, then will a
conventional iron suffice, as I'd assumed (that's what I have).. is it
just the attaching of tags to a non-tagged cell which needs the extra power?

right, standard iron ok for tagged cells.

NT