Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Which tagged NiCd battery is this?

On 21 Sep, 02:03, Tabby wrote:

Duct tape will be no good, you need to make a proper electrical
connection, tape just doesnt provide enough force.

Indeed. It might work to start with, but the rubber adhesive on tape
will creep pretty soon and lose contact.

I have however bodged this in the past with superglue. You need to
glue two spots at the side (adding a springy metal bridge is easiest)
and make sure there's a glue-free contact in the middle. I don't
recommend this (tagged cells are as easy to buy as untagged), but it
did the job when needed and lasted the life of the cells.