Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Electric baseboard heat

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:41:20 -0700, jamesgangnc wrote:
Electric resistive is 100% efficient by nature but it is also the most
expensive way to heat.

Depends on the area... we've got about 14kW of electric baseboard and it
actually works out slightly cheaper than propane (although not by much).
Ours are under load-control so don't run all the time (the propane
furnace picks up the slack as needed) but that's less of an issue if
you're insulated up to the eyeballs, and the rate's not bad (I think
around 4c/kWh)

Our electric co. are picky about what we can hook up to it, but they'd
probably allow storage heaters, which might be useful for a shop.

cheers

Jules