Posted to alt.home.repair
Pointer Pointer is offline

Default Electric baseboard heat

On 9/20/2010 3:17 PM, RogerT wrote:
P.S. to my other posts: I just remembered that you said this is only an 11
ft by 8 ft room. Fahrenheat (Marley) also makes 110-volt portable electric
hydronic baseboard heaters. You may just want to get one of those and plug
it into a regular wall outlet.

Here's a link to that web page:

http://www.marleymep.com/en/fahrenhe...fp-series.aspx

Also, the Marley customer service people are very helpful. I had to call
them a couple of times to be sure I was doing the wiring correctly for
wiring two hydronic baseboard heaters in the same room. They knew exactly
what I had and walked me through each step. My guess is that if you called
their 800 number and asked them about whether the 110-volt portable electric
hydronic baseeboard heater would be sufficient for your 8x11 room, they
could tell you.

Pointer wrote:
Have a small unheated room to be used as a shop ... about 11 ft x 8 ft
... presently unheated. Plenty of power. Ground level. Plan on
using electric baseboard heat. Any recommendation regarding types
and brands of units.

Thanks.

Thanks again. Actually heating was an afterthought. I have a only two
115 v circuits in the room and three 240 v circuits (two wire). None of
the latter are really needed and for one the wire which comes out of the
bottom of the wall. I was getting ready to put it back in the wall, run
it up and put in an outlet (which probably would never be used) for
safety. Then a light went off which said baseboard heating.

Don