Posted to alt.home.repair
Pointer Pointer is offline

Default Electric baseboard heat

On 9/20/2010 10:31 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Sep 20, 10:23 am, wrote:
On 9/20/2010 9:41 AM, jamesgangnc wrote: On Sep 20, 9:38 am, wrote:
Have a small unheated room to be used as a shop ... about 11 ft x 8 ft
... presently unheated. Plenty of power. Ground level. Plan on using
electric baseboard heat. Any recommendation regarding types and brands
of units.

Thanks.

Electric resistive is 100% efficient by nature but it is also the most
expensive way to heat.

Stand alone room, or attached to garage or attached to house? No need
to cool? How about a window unit ac/heat pump?

Part of house. No need to cool. No windows (french outside doors).
Want only electric baseboard heating.

No need to cool makes me think you're in the great white north.
You'll pay a pretty penny to heat with resistive if you are. Features
and price are pretty much all you need to compare, as I mentioned they
are all equal efficiency.

Is there a compelling reason not to add the room to the existing
heating system?

Located near Annapolis MD. Cost not a factor since shop is not used
often. Three of the four walls are concrete or concrete block... none
exposed to the sun, thus pretty cool in summer. Floor and roof are
concrete. Simple solution is electric baseboard where a 240 volt
service exists.