Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Electric baseboard heat

I recently put in two 240-volt electric hydronic baseboard heating units and
a wall thermostat in a former attic space that I refinished. Regular
electric baseboad heating units cost less, but they are hotter to the touch
etc. Electric hydryonic baseboard heaters are cooler to the touch and seem
to give off a more even and more pleasant heat. I bought the electric
hydronic baseboard heating units at Home Depot.

Even though hydronic units do cost more, my thinking is that you only pay
that cost one time so it's worth it.

Here's the user manual that came with the units I bought:

http://www.marleymep.com/en/multimed...0-2083-005.pdf .

Pointer wrote:
Have a small unheated room to be used as a shop ... about 11 ft x 8 ft
... presently unheated. Plenty of power. Ground level. Plan on
using electric baseboard heat. Any recommendation regarding types
and brands of units.

Thanks.