Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric baseboard heat

On Sep 20, 10:23*am, Pointer wrote:
On 9/20/2010 9:41 AM, jamesgangnc wrote: On Sep 20, 9:38 am, *wrote:
Have a small unheated room to be used as a shop ... about 11 ft x 8 ft
... presently unheated. *Plenty of power. *Ground level. *Plan on using
electric baseboard heat. *Any recommendation regarding types and brands
of units.

Thanks.

Electric resistive is 100% efficient by nature but it is also the most
expensive way to heat.

Stand alone room, or attached to garage or attached to house? *No need
to cool? *How about a window unit ac/heat pump?

Part of house. *No need to cool. *No windows (french outside doors).
Want only electric baseboard heating.

No need to cool makes me think you're in the great white north.
You'll pay a pretty penny to heat with resistive if you are. Features
and price are pretty much all you need to compare, as I mentioned they
are all equal efficiency.

Is there a compelling reason not to add the room to the existing
heating system?