Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_2_] Michael Kennedy[_2_] is offline

Default Power mosfet question

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I have a power mosfet that was shorted.. Due to my carelessness...

A very fine sliver of solder bridged the gate to the drain. Would this
usually destroy the said mosfet? Or something else in line with it??

Its a K3556... Is there a simple test for these? The drain pin was cut
off, but enough left to make a very fine solder bridge... ughh...

Well scratch that.. If I'm holding the volt meter on the gate side of the
mosfet while starting up it will work... i guess I have to trace back and
see whats burnt up..