Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hand-held 20x measuring scope

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 00:10:54 -0700, "anorton"
wrote:

"Buerste" wrote in message
m...
I bought a Lee Lead hardness Testing kit to test the hardness of lead
alloys I use for casting. My hardness tester at work won't go down that
far. This thing works by applying 60 pounds of force to a ball that
indents the lead and then you use the 20x scope that has a scale from
0-.100" in .002" increments. You measure the width of the indent in the
lead and look it up on a chart that tells you the Brinell hardness. This
is also the "strength of the material in PSI. So, you adjust the pressure
on the lead to 10% below the strength of the lead, but high enough pressure
to get some plastic deformation.

Great tool! Everybody I've shown this to wants a scope. I haven't been
able to find them separate from the kit, has anybody seen any available?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=731364

That is a Micro-Mike pencil microscope made in the USA!
http://www.micro-mike.com/Home_Page.html

You can find them several places incuding he
http://www.minerox.com/index.cfm?fus...duct_ID=19 16

Thanks!!!

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)